28 June 2005

To: Stegosaurus

Dr. Koala Dick recently traded a comedy writing secret to a fellow colleague for the operating manual of a 1992 Volvo 940, and a to be named later Sponsorship of an African Orphan.

Dear Orphan,

I’ve decided to name you Stegosaurus. I hope you realize how cool that is. How are things in Africa? I hope they are better than here. Today I woke up to find out that I had received yet another parking ticket. Those parking control guys are total cocks. I left the ticket on my car out of spite, and because I didn’t want to get another one, but now it’s raining. If the ticket is wet, do you think I still have to pay it? I would be impolite for me to send them a document of that nature; they would probably have to wash their hands after handling it.

I went to the post office today and I feel like I’m developing a friendship with one of the workers. His name is Rick and he looks pretty disgruntled. For that exact reason I am always overly polite to the guy. It is most certainly a benefit to have a friend in the postal department. I know this because at one of my former residences, the postal worker did not like me because I stole his girlfriend. Even though I only ended up dating her for two weeks, my packages were lost and mishandled for over a year, I guess postal workers don’t get laid often.

I also applied online today for a job at a local bookstore. It was most heinous. What was supposed to be a simple online application evolved into 37 page personality test. They asked me questions about my anger management, my ability to be enthused and if I stab people in the back. In then end I think the computer decided that I; a) I’m kind of a jackass, b) think most other people are benders, and c) am able to fake enthusiasm well. Either way they probably want to hire me so hard.

Man or machine,

dr koala dick

No comments: