27 June 2005

the next movement

During the four years i spent at college many people asked me what i was going to do after college. A lot of the time i answered them by telling them i was going into the peace corp.

I'm not entirely sure i was insincere on the reply--i did complete the peace corp application all the way up to the essay section. I also talked to many people who were going to the peace corp and asked quesions about their experience, the process of applying, and i listened intently.


Regardless, four years later, everytime i talk to one of these inquisitive characters they never fail to ask when I'm going into the peace corp. Even if i haven't tlaked to them in years.

I've been honest but from now on I'm lying. When they ask, I will say, "soon." Furthermore if I haven't spoken to them in a few years i will say, "I already did."

peace in the middle east,
dr koala dick

No comments: